Sunday, January 16, 2022

Day 3: The Big Event

   On our Glacier road trip I had found two Travel Bugs and I had meant to get them into Geocaches at home so they could keep traveling, but I hadn't gotten to that yet.  So I figured I could find a Geocache out here to get them some more miles.  Luckily there was one right in the hotel parking lot.

  I had thought that there was no chance of hitting up the OC Goodwills because of our time restraints.  Turns out we had time!  We started with the Goodwill of Orange County Marketplace because that's the one I saw in the video.  No luck there, though some people think that they might save them up to put out around Halloween.
  After a quick lunch at In-n-Out Burger we tried one more, the one at 1800 N Grand Ave.  I did see the fun Christmas sweater above, but no luck again.  It was fun looking though.

Pattern: Crochet Showtime Hat by The Crochet Crowd - Yarn: Unknown Purple Acrylic - Hook: 5.5mm
  It was then time to head back to the hotel to fancy ourselves up for the big event.  I finished the hat.  This yarn looks totally different in different lights!
  I thought his looked more domed, but looking at the picture again I can see his has a fold in the front.  I'm excited to try my idea and see how it looks.

  The wedding party.  The ceremony included traditions from both sides and it was really beautiful.  I was warned beforehand that there was going to be a lot of food and they were not wrong.  Ida, the bride, went halfway down the isle, where she met her parents and then Ben met her and there was an exchange.  He then walked her the rest of the way.  It was really fun when the Rabi was read/singing the 7 blessings and then one of the family members from each side would read the translation.

Picture can be clicked to see each one better.
  Bill and I didn't have table name tags...so we got to pretend to be other people who we knew weren't there.  Does it count as crashing the wedding if you were invited?  Ben ran up to Bill to tell him that it was his fault we don't have name places.
  After the cocktail hour there was dancing and breaking the challah before the dinner.  Persian food is really good.  Then there were the speeches before the Bride/father and Groom/mother dances.  It was then more dancing, before we threw flower pedals at the happy couple.  Desserts were soon to follow.
  A few of us snuck off for some quiet time with some of the family around one of the fire pits outside before it was time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment