Friday, December 31, 2021

Insinkerator

   Bill tried snaking it and got a some out, but it still wasn't quite working.  There were still leaks, but less so, and it was draining really slowly.  It was time to call in a professional.

  The guy showed up bright and early yesterday and ended up staying for about three hours.  It wasn't quiet work.

  He had to keep going deeper and deeper to get the whole clog out.  He had pieces he could attach to the end of his snake to make it longer.  Each piece looked to add another six feet and he had to put on 6 more pieces.  It could be heard in the basement vibrating the walls.

  He replaced the pipes and so far everything is working.  Tank is glad to be getting his wet food in the morning again.  I'm glad that when we want to eat anything we don't need to worry about dirtying a dish.

  Today Bill cut some new wood for the under-sink area.  He was thinking of staining it, but I also have a mat to put down, so you won't really see it and water shouldn't get to it anyway.  Things are back under there with a few less items, and hopefully everything will be happy for a while.

  I tried making one of those looped together headbands I've been seeing a lot of on TikTok.  I wanted to make it a cowl, so I made it a bit longer and tried to seam it so that it didn't have a front and a back.  I was sort of successful, but not as much as I wanted.  One side looks a bit off, but it doesn't look as bad as the wrong side of a seam would look.  I'm going to try another one and see if I can make it a bit better.
  I've finally started the brioche hat I mentioned before.  The one that has the same pattern as the blue one, but we will see if it works better with a different yarn.  So far I think it does, but on the body of the hat is where we will really be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment