Friday, December 13, 2019

It's Friday the 13Th Again!

  Usually a Friday the 13th is my lucky day.  Today was not as good.  We got some bad news about a friend who had been having health problems.  She did hang on until a Friday the 13th and now can have as much wine and wings as she wants.

  I'm still working on finding a good place to block everything.  It's a good thing that Bill was out of town for a few days because the comforter was still a bit damp when it was bed time.  Everything is now dry, but I'm waiting for a day with better lighting to take pictures.  It's raining out now and I was thinking of taking some pictures outside for the bigger items.

  One of the people at K&CC has been making these cute hats that have a neck/ear flap.  It would be good to help keep people warm who might not like wearing scarves.  The BUN Hat is really fast to knit and also a great way to go through leftovers.  I thought my skein looked like a baby carrot or a hot-dog cut into a octopus shape.

  I started on the Caron Asymmetrical Lace Shawl.  I thought it would be fitting to use a Caron Cake for it.  I only have two of them, so not as much as I had for the crochet granny blanket in oranges and reds.  I'm just getting past the part where it goes really fast and the rows start to get longer and longer.  At least I have the lace to look forward to.
  It must be nice or odd for everyone, that this post has two projects that I can link to a pattern for!  Don't worry, I'm still thinking of new patterns, but I need to get the hat one finalized before I work too much on the shawl.
  I'm also considering starting on a Caron Knit Shawl on the Bias before I start working on my own pattern.  This time of year means I'm super busy with work and some pretty mindless knitting is usually what I need.  Something that is fun to knit but won't distract me from getting any work done because I can hear it calling my name from my knitting bag.
  We are also going to go to the Zoo Lights later today, so I'm hoping to try and get some fun pictures from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment