Monday, December 9, 2019

Fiona Is A Very Pretty Lady

  I tried to do like I normally do after teaching a class with a stitch pattern that I really like.  I tried to make a hat out of it.  I think this yarn was way too slippery because you could see that there was texture in the stitches, it didn't show what was really happening.  I was feeling lazy and decided to try and do the spiral hat again.  I didn't bother to count my stitches for how it would turn out for the second stitch pattern, so I ended up with the same problem I had before where it needed four more or less stitches.

  Don't mind my messy floor, just look at the cute kitty.  Her name is Fiona and she is my house-mate's cat.  She doesn't really like other cats, but Tank has managed to become friends with her.  They chase each other around the house and will steal each other's food.  It doesn't matter that they get the same food, they both know that the other gets the better stuff.

  The universe has decided that one ramen restaurant near my house wasn't enough, so now I have two.  Marumen opened first, but is a bit farther out.  I saw that Umai Ramen and Rice Bowl was opening soon and went during their first week during their soft opening.

  The menu at Umai wasn't as big as Marumen, but I don't know if that is because it was during their soft opening or if they are just going to focus on a smaller menu.  I got the Curry Ramen that time, the one pictured, and have been back again to try the Tonkotsu Ramen.  It is really good and smaller portions than Marumen, so I don't feel as uncomfortably stuffed at the end and feel like I could get an appetizer to share.

  I thought I was in the mood to do more two color brioche, but I got about this far and got distracted by some granny square style crochet.  I almost finished a shawl and am working on an eight point star blanket.  I keep bringing this along with me, and will get back to it at some point.  The yarn is just so slippery that it is a bit tricky to work with at times.  I like it well enough, but I will be taking any leftovers back to K&CC.  It's the Lion Brand Microspun and is the same yarn as the baby hat at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment