Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Hat Party!

  While I'm happy that I got all these done and took pictures of them, it doesn't mean that I wanted it to get cold out.  I really like fall and feel like I haven't been able to really enjoy it.  It's either too hot or cold out.  It has decided to get really cold and I even saw it snow a touch yesterday.

  This hat was supposed to use up the last two bits of yarn that I had from making shawls.  I got about half way down before I ran out of both of those.  I had a third and different color scheme that was the same weight, so I added that on the end.  I was worried that it wouldn't match, but everyone liked how it looked while I was working on it.

  While watching Days of Our Lives when I was waiting for my car to get serviced I saw one of the characters wearing a sweater that made it look like one of the rib columns was taking a bit of a trip.  It was a bit frustrating because they kept moving the camera around to get dramatic angles of the actors' faces, but didn't focus more on the back of the sweater.

  I didn't like how on the first one it looked more like cables and not that the one ribbing column was going for a stroll.  So I decided to leave it as reverse stockinette in the spot the cable was supposed to be in.  I liked the body more, but the top was still a bit too pointy for my taste.

  When I decreased every round for the crown, I liked the way it sat a lot more.  I'm considering writing this up as a One Size Fits Most pattern, but I'm not sure yet.  Andrea thinks I should name it Changing Lanes if I do.

  I had added a hat with a spiral slipped stitch pattern to my Ravelry library, but couldn't seem to find it.  I got tried of searching and decided to make up my own.  I didn't know how many to cast on for, but I had wished that I had either cast on four more or less for the top.  It was pretty easy and fast, so I will definitely try again at some point before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment