Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Ne Parle Pas Francais?

  They were closed when we stopped by after the car show, but some of the employees were hanging out in the front.  The lady told us to come back for brunch because she would be the one serving and would make sure we got treated right.

  I got the Gourmande and Krissy got the Rocamadour.  Mine was egg, bacon, brie, fresh tomato, and maple syrup.  Krissy's was goat cheese, walnut, and their rooftop honey, which they really do have bees on the roof.  They were both amazing and this would be a place we would go to a few times a week if we lived nearby.

  We did a tiny bit more wondering before we left the little town we had gotten to know so quickly.  I like how they are just in a sea of orange soda.

  It was also interesting because some of the signs and murals were left from previous residents, even if the building was being used currently.  This used to be the Omega Bar and Lounge, but is now a tattoo studio.

  There was a trim I bought at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts years and years ago.  I bought it when it was on clearance and thought I only needed a little bit.  I didn't want to be greedy.  Long after it sold out I discovered the perfect use for it.  It makes fabric flowers really impressive, but I need about half a yard for each one.  Since then I have been on the hunt.
  Since Toronto has a fashion district, I figured that now would be a great time to look.  I've tried to look online, but have had no luck.  The fashion district and Graffiti Alley are really close to each other, so that was really lucky for us.  I will need to figure out the best way to share all the pictures I took in Graffiti Alley, so those might have to come later.

  We checked with King Textiles, Neveren's Tailoring Supplies, Mokuba, Queen Textiles Inc, and Leo's Textiles.  No one had it but everyone was very nice and tried to suggest one on the list who might have it.  Leo's Textiles, which is pictured, was our favorite.  It was way out of our price range, but it was really fun to look around and didn't feel as cramped as some of the others.

  We walked up and down that street so many times that we decided we had earned a treat.  I got the Chatime Tea with coffee jelly.  It was so perfect at that moment refreshing and a bit of a snack.

  I follow a few people from the area on Instagram.  I asked one of them for some food recommendations.  One of the places she suggested was Parka.  It was after 6pm, all the fabric shops were closed, and we were tired and hungry.  A bowl of mac 'n' cheese sounded really good, so we decided to go for it.
  I got the one with truffle oil, sauteed organic mushrooms on top of their cashew cheese sauce.  Krissy liked it and she doesn't even like mushrooms.  It was some of the best mac 'n' cheese I have ever had.  We were thinking of coming back to try one of their vegetable burgers.

  This little plant was on our table at the restaurant and I just wanted to prove that I really am also knitting on this trip.  I cast on sometime after we had set off from my house and this is where I was today.

  SInce we were in an unknown city we decided it wouldn't be the best idea to drive anywhere.  Good thing Toronto has a really good public transit system.  We both got some TTC Presto passes and figured it all out.  Luckily for us everywhere we have wanted to go has been pretty straight forward.
  We even found a shop in the mall, Miniso, that sold cute things from Japan.  I spent too much on stickers for my Gratitude Journal, but I couldn't resist them.

  We spotted this place while trying to find the Shoppers so we could but Presto Passes.  It had turned out that we could have also purchased them at the station before getting on, but this was more interesting.  While here at the Black Horse we got to watch a little of the Calgary Stampede on the TV.  It was very fitting.

  We got to meet some of the neighbors.  One was even curious about us and stood up to get a better look.  There were three in total and they soon moved on when none of them saw us offering any food.  They got startled a few more times by passing cars and someone walking down the street.
  They have since moved on with their route and it is time for us to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment