Saturday, July 13, 2019

More Wings!

  We didn't want to leave Canada, so we tried to figure out some more things to do before we had to cross the border.  We found this all-you-can-eat sushi place.  It was really good, they didn't just offer a generic buffet.  You ordered something and they made it for you.  They even had a strawberry and cream cheese roll that was really good for dessert.

  I spotted this on our way north and we figured we could stop by on the way home.  They let you do very affordable tastings.  There are a few of their base flavors, but they also have a lot of flavored options.  Our favorites were strawberry, crabapple, and rose.

  One last stop before we got out of the range of Tim Horton's.  As you can see, I got their loyalty card.  I don't know if I will ever get enough points to earn a reward, but I think it is fun anyway.

  Summit was crazy when we got there.  The parking lot was practically full and the waitresses were running around like crazy people.  Amy was so nice to us and even carded me when I got a beer.  We outstayed most of the crowd and you could tell that the staff was running ragged.  We at least got to try three more flavors: Rattlesnake, Honey Sriracha, Jaz & Junk.  I find it interesting that the wings can vary anywhere from having a lovely dry rub on it to looking like it is floating in delicious soup.

  We went back to the Royal Inn.  There were more people staying this time and there were even a group of bikers.  However, we got one of the rooms in the back and it was definitely not as nice as the first.  There was no ventilation in the room, so it was musty smelling.  There was also a lot more dust and general grim around.  While I would probably stay here again, I would just try and avoid any room numbers 350 or above.

No comments:

Post a Comment