September Hatathon 2026 has come to a close!!
Stockholm - 30/23• Lolivieri - 8/4• MinnieMay9 - 9/6• knitsamazing - 13/13
I seem to like making 9 hats. I made 9 in February and made 9 again this time. Though I know if I try and offer 9 hats I'll make 6. I think we did great, especially since we were such a small group. A whole hat-a-thon is 26 hats, and we even did more than that.
![]() |
| Pattern: Jingle Jester Hat by me - Style 1 - Yarn: Big Twist Twinkle in Mint - Hook: H/8 (5mm) |
![]() |
| Pattern: Jingle Jester Hat by me - Style 2 - Yarn: Big Twist Twinkle in Mint and White - Hook: H/8 (5mm) |
I was looking at the pattern and wondered to myself, "What if I made this pattern even more tricky to write out for other people to make?" I tried to talk myself out of trying it, but at the same time kept trying to talk myself into trying it. I used the Invisible decrease in double crochet by TuulaMaaria on the mint rows. It also turned out to be fairly easy to write out once I marked the center stitch.
I also wanted to add some whimsy to my whimsy. The hat is already pretty whimsical, but I thought it would add another layer of whimsy to make the ribbing on the bottom also two toned. I tried to look online to see how to do it, but could only find tutorials on how to make the ribbing in a solid color. I tired it out and got it to work easily. I worked outward and back in one color, worked the first slip stitch in the same color, switched to the other color for the second slip stitch, then continued on in the same repeat.
![]() |
| Pattern: Jingle Jester Hat by me - Style 2 - Yarn: Baby Bee Sweet Delight Prints in 324 Sprinkles - Hook: G+/7 (4.5mm) |
I was finally able to figure out that the ears/horns of a jester's hat are called Liliripes (or Liripipes). When I tried to search for that information before I couldn't find it. I think it's funny to call them ear/horns, so I left it that way along with updating it on the written pattern.
![]() |
| Pattern: Side To Side Ribbed Hat by Sally L.M. - Size: 9 sc, 32 hdc Yarn: Big Twist Twinkle in White - Hook H/8 (5mm) |
This one isn't a Jingle Jester Hat, but it is cute and a bit whimsical. I had been thinking about making a hat like this since Mary gave Miss Spud a yarn pompon bear headband. The sparkle in this yarn has a bit of pink in it, so I thought they went perfectly together. I do want to make another already.
Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 22 (0)
Yarn Out: 49 (6)
Total: -27




No comments:
Post a Comment