Thursday, September 24, 2026

25 Months: Powered by Snacks, Curiosity, and Pure Chaos

Week 104:
  On our way to Ikea she found a dead cicada.  She made sure to show it to me.
  One the day after her birthday she wanted to have a snacky lunch on the porch.  I didn't have enough of a variety of foods she could eat on the move to do that.  After that, everything was terrible.  She didn't want to sit in her seat, but was happy to see string cheese.  She ate some of her curry before having a meltdown.  She wanted her drink to have ice in it, but then pushed it off of her tray.  She threw her spoon off and then was upset she couldn't reach it.  She wanted the applesauce pouch, but thrashed around when I tried to hand it to her.  She asked for an orange-orange hat, but was distraught when I brought it to her and threw it on the ground.  I offered her some of my curry, but she refused because it wasn't her applesauce pouch.  She wanted her cracker to go into her snack cup so she could throw it on the ground as well.  I tried to offer her stickers but even though she picked out which ones she wanted, they were horrible.  She brightened up when I was able to wrangle her into her clothes so we could go on an adventure to the grocery store.  She ran around without a care in the world and a smile on her face.  She also picked out some cheese for herself and some plates to use at dinner after her party.
  Bill came out to see what we were doing on the porch before bed.  He commented that he didn't have anywhere to sit when he saw that his chair was filled with rocks.  Miss Spud then set out to clear them all off for him.
  On the morning of her 2 year appointment she couldn't decide if the rocks should be in my pocket or her pocket.  She spent quite some time moving them all back and forth between the pockets.
  We ended up walking in with the doctor and Miss Spud impressed her by how independent she was.  She walked right into the elevator and then ran to the office.  She just looked at it when they took a finger poke.  She also didn't cry at all when she got her shot.
  The doctor asked how many words she knows and I guessed 50.  I had told myself to start a list at the last appointment, but never did.  Bill and I came up with 60 on the trip home.
  At her 24 month appointment she was 25lb 1oz(29%), 35.5"(88%) tall with a 19"(73%) head circumference.
  I gave her a new cereal for her snack.  She liked the crunch.  At one point I was on my computer with a help chat and she decided to put a piece on my leg before chomping it off.  It was really funny.  She then started feeding me the cereal.
  On Thursday evening we ran around on the porch for about 20 minutes after we had a dance party.  We stopped when Miss Spud slipped on one of her wooden rings and hit her head solidly.  We then read some books while listening to the rain.  Because we had been running around on the porch my feet were dirty on the bottom.  When I tried to put her to bed, she wouldn't settle until she saw me clean my feet off.  She just kept pointing to my feet and saying Dirt.


Week 105:
  We were low on diapers, so on Monday we went out to try and get her a new box.  On our way out she insisted on bringing two books along with her snack and water.  She had a great time reading her books in the car on the way to the store.
  I asked her what she wanted for lunch and she saw the salad kit I had purchased.  I asked her if she wanted some of her leftovers but she insisted we have the G'een she saw.  I don't know many other toddlers who get distressed at the idea of not eating the vegetables.
  At lunch she was moving her fingers together.  I took a picture and she kept saying Heart Heart.  She was trying to make a love heart with her fingers, I'm not sure where she even had seen it before.
  She wanted a book before her nap on Wednesday.  I gave her the Peek-a-Boo book so I could use the bathroom.  When I came back, she was showing the book to all of her bedtime friends and "reading" it to them.
  I told her to take a nap over her crib camera.  She laid her head down, but had to temporarily sit up again because she heard a car horn beep.  After saying Beep she laid back down again.
  She helped me pack her bedtime friends before we went to the cabin.  I think she's starting to understand what I mean when I tell her that we are packing.
  She was wearing her Daddy Makes Me Happy short and we asked her what color it was.  She said it was pink, which was what the color the words are.  When asked what other color her shirt had, she said Dada.
  When my parents showed up to the cabin, Miss Spud ran past my dad to my mom.
  We had somehow reached the point in the night where she wanted to be goofy but also that everything is incorrect.  She demanded her blanket, and then we had the gall to put her blanket on her.  It finally came down to me coming back in after she cried for a while and after Bill tried to help her.
  She likes playing with my hair, so I didn't think anything about her wiggling her fingers in my hair.  I did have a problem with it when she started trying to pull my hair with all her might.  She's done it a few times and she thinks it's funny when she's doing it, but it becomes a lot less funny when I put her down and wouldn't pick her back up so she could do it again.


Week 106:
  The Delps sent some toys for her.  One was a bus.  They put new batteries in it but couldn't figure out how to get it to do anything or if it was still working.  Miss Spud was playing with it and got the lights and music to work just fine.
  She was grumpy when I mentioned that it was nap time on Saturday.  Turns out that when she had a spill, Bill told her that she could go see the tractor to cheer her up.  So I stopped trying to get her PJs on and we all went out to watch my dad work the tractor.  She had a great time watching the tractor pick up branches.
  When my mom was making waffles, she convinced my dad to feed her bites, like a baby bird.  Then she would run around until she was ready for her next bite.  She got about half a Belgian waffle down that way.
  On the way home Bill tried to go between Smiley's and Buc-ee's with the windows down.  I was going to put my hair up because it was getting blown around.  Miss Spud saw my hair going wild and started screaming and crying.  Bill thought something blew in the window and hit her.  When Bill commented Oh Bugger about it, she said Oh Bugga.
  I was describing things we could do the next day on Tuesday night.  She started saying something we couldn't quite make out.  I was guessing words and she nodded when I said Knitting.  She then said Neh-ting, so we knew it was going to be a family outing on Wednesday evening.
  Before her nap on Wed she pulled her Genie (from Aladdin) magnet off the door and one of his magnets came off.  She was worried about him and I said we just had to glue it back on.  She kept wanting to help, but the super glue was being troublesome.  I finally got the glue to come out and on the magnet.  It took longer to hold than I was expecting, but it finally did.  I read it needs about 24 hours to reach its full adhesion.  I said he needed to nap, but things just started snowballing.  It all lead to her cry screaming and yelling No.  She resisted lashing out at Bucky, which I'm very proud of her for.  She would swing her arm at him but wouldn't get close enough to hit him.  It took me forcing her to rock with me and look at things out her window before she would calm down enough to put PJs on for her nap.  We then rocked for another 10 minutes before she was falling asleep.
  Bill mentioned that about half way to Wegmans Miss Spud started yelling for me.  I'm guessing she had then realized that I wasn't in the truck with them.
  She had a great time with Funkle Mickey while we were there.  She convinced him to feed her like a little bird.  She then ran around and was laughing so hard when he would catch her.


Week 107:
  We went to the picnic of the club we belong to.  She likes the potato salad, hot dogs, chicken, chips, and corn.  She had mixed feelings about the swing.  It was a bit intense when Bill pushed her but was fine when I did it.  The slide was a big hit.  She wasn't sure about the bounce house until I got her to jump.  She would then roll around before getting up and repeating.  She kept sliding out and also tried to bring people their shoes.  She got to go on the slide a few more times before we left.  She didn't want to leave and started protesting.  It was kind of funny to hear her say Wheeee in a whine/cry voice.
  Before her nap on Sunday she informed me that I have two eyes.  She smiled so brightly when I told her that she was right, I do have two eyes.
  I was making lunch and Miss Spud saw Bill's grapefruits in the kitchen.  She grabbed one, exclaimed Orange-Orange and ran back into the play area.  I told her it was a grapefruit and went back to cooking.  Before too long she walked back into the kitchen with it, opened the bag she had gotten it out from, put it back, and closed the bag again.
  She sees me put the paperclips I use as stitch markers in my mouth fairly often.  It's often enough that when she finds one on the ground she will bring it to me and insist on putting it in my mouth.
  She heard Bill go into the bathroom one morning while checking her friends' butts.  She looked at me and said Potty!  She is proud to know that the toilet is for butts as well.
  She has discovered Bill's gum on the steps a few times but usually puts it down without too much fuss.  On Wed she investigated them further.  She took a piece out and figured out you could unwrap it.  She then sat down and tried to stick it to her knee, like a Band-Aid.  It did not work the way she wanted it to.
  While playing with Grandma C at the cabin she found a bag of yellow plastic hooks.  When I went to go and get her ready for her nap she was really worried I was going to take them from her.  She resists putting her sleep sack on because she thought I was going to take the hooks when I reached for her hands.  Normally I would, but since she resists her nap more at the cabin, I let her keep them.
  She said she was done after dinner and we let her loose.  She came over to me, but I only had the mashed potatoes she didn't like.  She then climbed up into Grandma C's lap.  Before my mom knew what was happening Miss Spud was snatching pieces off ham off her plate.  She would cram the pieces into her mouth so no one knew it was her taking them.
  We have been rocking vigorously and she loves being thrown about.  She has added another option where she slowly slides off as we rock it, then "fall" down as she slowly slides to the floor and onto her side.  She then proclaims that she has plopped. 


Week 108: First part
  She has been adding 'ing' to the end of book to make it into an action word.  She wants "booking" before she goes to sleep.  It makes sense if you look at run, walk, talk, eat, etc.  Someday she will learn that while Booking is a word, she wants to do some reading.
  Bill wanted to try out a Swedish Torch, so he set up a small fire.  Miss Spud didn't like the smoke, so she stayed near us.  She sat in my mom's lap getting rocked waiting to point out the moon every time it came out from behind the clouds.  She was very patient.
  My mom brought a bucket of my old Legos that had some connecting platforms with wheels, like train cars but also with Lego pegs on top.  There is also a tractor and a yellow roller in there too.  She had so much fun playing Train by connecting them, adding windows, and people on top.  She needed help connecting them and unhooking them some, but not all the time.
  When she thinks we have something important to do, she will settle down easily at night.  If she insists that Dada gets some lip balm, she will let me leave if I tell her I'm going to give him some.  She also settled down after only wanting to play when she said that Bill's hair needed to be brushed and I told her to lay down so we could go and do that.
  I was sitting in my computer chair and she decided I needed to spin.  She grabbed my knee and the arm of the chair and started walking around.  She told me "careful" when I put my arms up to say whee.  Once we went around a few times she pushed on my butt to get me to stand up and said "Turn" so I knew it was now her turn.  She laid down and I spun her around for a while.
  I showed her how to trade kandi bracelets by threading your fingers together and slipping the bracelet from one wrist, over the hands, and onto the other.  She thought that was so much fun we did it quite a few times.  Every time I moved one she said Pretty and I agreed with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment