Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Some Crochet Things

Pattern: Side To Side Ribbed Hat by Sally L.M. - Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Bright Yellow - Hook: 6 mm
  I was working on this hat when I first went into the hospital to get induced.  I impressed a few of the people who came in to check on our vitals.  I got more of it done after she was delivered and impressed more people that I knew how to crochet.  I didn't manage to finish it until last week because of how often she wants to eat.  Silly Miss Spud.

Pattern: Crochet Market Bag by Stephanie Zed - Size: Small - Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Grey - Hook: 6mm
  I don't really need more bags, but bags are useful anyway.  I like how the market bag is small enough to cram into my knitting bag in case I decide that I need some of the yarn I see at the meet ups.  I know I'm trying to get my stash down, but sometimes a yarn just calls out to you.
  If/when I make this again, I will be using a foundationless/chainless single crochet to set up the straps.  I just had the hardest time getting into the back loop of the chain on the first row.  I did a little test piece and it works out really well.
  Something to note is that she doesn't have a written version of the pattern, just the YouTube video.  There is also an error in the video and where she tells you that you should have 18 loops, she means 19.  She had posted a correction in the video description, but not everyone thinks to check it.


Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 24 (0)
Yarn Out: 36 (1)

Total: -12

No comments:

Post a Comment