Tuesday, December 19, 2023

It's Still Pumpkin Season

Pattern: Little Pumpkin Hat by Asita Krebs - Size: Junior - Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Bone - Needle: US 6
  I thought this was going to be worked like the BUN Hat by Andi OldTrout where you don't join it in the round at first, but I was wrong.  I had to go back and adjust some of the parts where I picked up and knit the wrap with the stitch because it was either being really loose or pulling the stitch in an obvious way.  Some are still a bit off, but not enough to make a difference.  I might try the Japanese Wrap and Turn method next time.  I also like how the first row of the ribbing is offset how you work it the rest of the time.
  The stitch pattern looked intimidating until I realized that rows 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 are the same to each other, just offset.  I just had to look at the beginning of the row, then I could just keep going without rechecking until the next row.

  We did a quick trip to the cabin, made sure no pipes froze or anything.  There was a limited release at the ABC store and Bill was curious what we could get down there.  We went to the closest one and were joking about random stuff with the people in front of us in line.  Bill picked out something and then we headed to the next one.  We ended up being behind the same people in line again!  He mentioned that there was another one a few minutes down the road and I said I was up to going to that one as well, but he wanted to go to Walmart to get some batteries.  We then went past the cabin the other direction and went to an ABC Store in WV and it was the smallest one I've ever been to.  It was a nice drive and the town it was in was very cute.  Some of the restaurants there looked pretty good as well, so I think we will head back there at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment