Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Another Tricky Project

Pattern: Swirl Hat by Mandie Harrington - Size: Child - Yarn: Yarn Bee Soft Secret in Navy - Needle: US 6
   I decided to try the different decreases on this one.  It wasn't looking how I wanted it to, but I thought it was still pretty cool looking, so I kept going.  During Thanksgiving I accidentally added an extra yarn over and figured it would be quicker to take it out instead of trying to hide it.  I somehow missed getting both loops on a few of the decreases and next thing I knew I had some loops poking up from a few rows below.  I ended up having to take out about 5 rows before I got everything where it should be.  I kept going and it was still pretty good looking, but not how I pictured it.  Though when I flipped it inside onto to weave in my end, it looked really good.  I then flipped it back, wove on my ends on the previously right side, and I'm super happy with it.

Pattern: Moss Stitch Shawl by Sarah Zimmerman - Yarn: Caron Perfect Match in 7411 Evening Jewels - Hook: 6mm
  I forgot about this.  I went to block it in the guest room and just let it sit in there to dry for over a month now.  I kept wondering why I felt like I was missing something and then I remembered this project.  I love the colors.  There are some great variances in the pooling that repeat themselves in different parts of the shawl.  It looks pretty busy when it is small, like in the picture, but in person it isn't quite so overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment