Friday, November 24, 2023

Worms for Wise

  I managed to get a few more worms done before I brought them to the Church knitting group to be taken to Wise, VA.  I wish I had managed to get a few more done, but there is always next year.

  These are all the ones I have saved and will be going.  I think there are around 230 worms.  Everyone at knitting was impressed.  Jenelle said my timing was pretty good because these would make good stocking stuffers for Christmas.

  I'm starting to think this project is cursed.  According to my row count, I've done 24 rows of this project and currently only have 8 rows of ribbing to show for it.  I decided I should start making a list to keep track of everything I had to deal with.
  Here is a list of the things that have gone wrong so far:
  • Twisted cast on ~ frogged
  • Wasn't sure I wanted to make the size I cast on for ~ frogged
  • Cast on was too tight ~ frogged
  • Forgot to change to larger needles after ribbing ~ back to ribbing
  • Somehow started working on my project inside out when the ribbing has a clear "right" and "wrong" side ~ back to ribbing
  • Decided to change charts mid-eye for one section ~ ignored
   I think I might still be slightly off on my gauge, but I think it will be fine once I block it.  It's also interesting to see how my tension is slightly different when I hold the yarn in my right hand versus my left.  I don't think I've ever noticed it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment