Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Worm on a Berm

Pattern: random stitch I saw on Instagram - Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable in Earth Ombre dye lots ??, 2019-02-WL 198782, 2019-08-WL205401 - Hooks: 8mm for chain and 5.5mm for body
  This scarf now has three different colorways on it.  The last one was different than the other two and it even had some extra dye and got purple toned dye on my fingers as I was working with it.  I do like how it goes from lightest to darkest.

Worm on a Berm
  Last weekend was the Frankie's Invited Guests yearly showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Maysville.  Since it would cut a bit of time off of the trip, we stayed at the cabin before heading over there.  While there I finished making the sample for my Worm on a Berm I plan to list online, and we had a little photoshoot.
  We were "greeted" by an older lady when we got to the hotel.  It sounds like her son and herself have been here a while.  This Holiday Inn wasn't as fancy as the place we stayed at last year, but it was nice that some of the people who traveled to help with the show stayed there also.
  It was interesting how the shows were run this year.  Last year everyone played the same parts, and we just did the whole thing twice.  This year we had two different crews casting each show.  My plan had been to just be moral support, but I got roped into bringing out a chair for the throne during Sweet-T and being the tank with a red sheet for Toucha.  I also grabbed things off the stage and lower area so no one would risk tripping and falling.

  We decided to do some adventuring before leaving town and headed to the New Riff distillery.  We waited too long to book a tour, but we decided to visit, look around the gift shop.  Bill found some new things he's interested in trying and I found some honey that sounded good.  We got a better discount than we normally would have because the person working the register thought we had been part of the tour.

  We saw a sign for Braxton Labs Taproom and Brewery with an arrow telling us it was to the left of the parking area.  We went that way so I could try a beer, but even though we found the electric car charging area, we didn't find anything that looked like an entrance to the taproom.  When I checked a map, it looks like the actual taproom was almost two miles away.
  I hadn't thought to check for any, but we weren't far from a Skyline Chili.  If we had thought about it before, we wouldn't have stopped for lunch before leaving Maysville.  I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for them more when we are out that way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment