Friday, September 1, 2023

It Turned Out to be Opening Weekend

   The reason Bill really wanted to go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival last weekend was because Jacques Ze Whipper was preforming and that was going to be his only weekend so close to us.  If you haven't heard of him, he used to be a radio journalist who missed the performing life he knew when he was a kid.  His father was a clown in the circus who used a whip in his performances.  If you are too far away to see him in person, he has videos posted on various social media platforms, they are really funny, and he even does tricks sometimes.  In the picture he was showing off how he had already been gifted so much Old Bay in such a short time, there was even a keychain!  We didn't realize it was opening weekend at first, and this is the first time I've been to it so early in the season.  Usually I've gone more mid-season, when it's cooler out.
  We saw two of his shows that day and I got a pin each time.  For the second show we got there earlier because he was on one of the smaller stages and standing room filled up quickly.  The shows were both great and I'd love to see him in person again someday.  We also went to both jousts that day.  The first time we picked a spot with shade where we could see, then later we wanted to be loyal to our knight, Sir Keegan.  I got my giant turkey leg and Felicity (mead and raspberry wine).  I didn't get to check out the venders as much as I did the other time, but there was nothing I was looking to buy this trip anyway.  I'm hoping to get a few things made for myself to wear.  Last time I had the same plan but forgot what I wanted to make.  This year I've made a list of projects I hope to work on for myself.

   You can see the color differences between the first and second skein of yarn.  I've been working on the new skein for a few days now, but I only just noticed the differences at K&CC get together.  Until this outing, I thought the colors were dark brown, copper, and tan.  I didn't even know there was green or blue!  I guess that's what I get for starting a new project in low lighting.

  I had put a poll up to see what shape I should use for my Christmas themed worms and the round shape won.  I then looked online and ordered some 6mm beads.  I also found out that Amazon can fulfill their two day delivery promise out to the cabin.  When they arrived I thought they looked too small for some reason.  I did a quick search and was reminded that pony beads are 6x9mm.  So now I've ordered new beads and will return the ones I got before.

No comments:

Post a Comment