Wednesday, October 12, 2022

What a Weekend

   On Friday a bunch of us headed to Maryland to help Bloody Mayhem Theatrical with an outdoor showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Before the show even started the wind picked up and the inflatable screen tried to make a break for it.  I ended up holding the transducer screen because it was acting like a sail and was also trying to fall over or make a break for it.  It was still a lot of fun though.
  On Saturday it was time to head south for Chris and Victoria's bachelor and bachelorette party.  On the way we got to see the tour bus for Yoko Says No.  I am going to look into their music at some point.

  Victoria was still at work, so Chris offered to show us some fun places.  We stopped by Rest in Pieces, and Ryan got a new friend (a cow skull now named Mootilda) and I got some bug keychains.  It was way too easy to find things you wanted, and I could see myself spending too much money on things to decorate the house with.  After that, it was about dinner time, so we met Victoria at Les Crepes Carytown where I got a very dirty chai and chicken crepe.
  On the way to the haunted house we got 7 people into Shane's 5 seater car.  It was a bit wild, but makes sense for us.  I was really excited since Victoria was telling us about how good of a place it was.

  It was such an impressive haunted house event.  There were so many rooms with so many big props and various things going on.  In the tunnel there was a guy behind me egging me on saying things like "Why you walking so slow? Are you dizzy? Why are you walking like that?"  He was my favorite part and pretty helpful.  I don't think I paid enough to get into it.  If you are in the area go to Red Vein, we already have plans to go again next year since we hear the theme changes. 
  On the way out of the parking lot Shane tried to take a shortcut and drove into a drainage ditch.  It ended up dislodging the coolant tube from the engine, cracked a corner of his radiator, and some of the radiator support is missing.  It meant that we had to leave the car with Chris and Victoria until it could be picked up and taken to a repair shop.  We got to go home in a rented Nissan Versa SV, at least it's a pretty blue color.
  We had to stop at Cookout for lunch, Ryan had never been, and Shane is trying to get all of us hooked.  I saw the sign for Hobby Town and Shane got really excited.  To help us digest we wondered around the store and all ended up spending some money.  I got a really cute stuffed cat by Tasty Peach Studios and a tiny tape measurer that I'll be adding to my knitting bag.
  On our way home we saw a florist, Thompson's Westwood Florist, where their electric sign said, "How mad is she?" which was pretty funny.  The ride back went well even if Shane got impatient at times during the trip.  I had a lot of fun; it was great to hang out with Chris and Victoria outside of Rocky.  I hope they manage to move back up and be closer to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment