Thursday, May 5, 2022

Special Dinner

   Mike and I had a special dinner together.  We tried to go to Gopchang Story KBBQ before, but even though they took our phone number, they never called to say there was a table for us.  I saw Tzuyang have grilled beef large and small intestines on YouTube before and I found out through Google that I can get some here.  She was going on about how good they are, and I now agree.
  Since we were feeling adventurous, we also got beef heart.  We still had some room after those, so we got some pork belly too.  When we arrived they didn't have any flavored Soju, but part of the way through dinner they got an order in and our server offered us some.  The yogurt flavor is really good.
  The heart had a flavor similar to liver, but way more mild.  The intestines were very interesting.  The small were more chewy, like calamari, but had absorbed the marinade better.  The large were really good with a crispy outside because the inside tasted very fatty and soft.  Our server said that the large was his favorite.

Pattern: Worry Worms - Yarn: Premier Just Yarn in Turquoise - Hook: 5.5mm
  The whole skein is 109 yrd/100 m and 1.76 oz/50g.  I got 16 whole worms and good part of another out of one.  I had 0.05 oz left over, so the math tells me that I used about 6.62 yrd/6.07 m for each one.  I know I could have worked one and then taken it out again to measure it, but that sounded like too much work.  Emmy suggested that I weigh the skein, make one, then weigh the skein again, but my scale isn't sensitive enough.  I've knitted a row on a hat with the scale telling me that I had the exact same amount of yarn left as I did before, so I didn't think these would be big enough to get an accurate measurement.  I'm also fairly sure that I haven't used the exact same amount on each one.
  I'm looking forward to doing the same with the other skein of yarn from the Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment