Friday, April 29, 2022

$1.25 Tree

   I got both of these from Dollar Tree.  I was impressed when I found some Premier yarn there.  I know I don't need more yarn, but I wanted to try and make some worms out of them.  I'm also curious if you can get this yarn anywhere else and if the smaller skeins for $1.25 (plus tax) is a good deal or not.

Pattern: based off Crochet Showtime Hat by The Crochet Crowd - Yarn: Sportjarré Neveda in 7053 6559 - Hook: 6.5mm
  I got the cowl done that I started on the way to NYC.  I had expected to have more time to work on it but since we had to smoosh so much each time, I couldn't work on it during taxi rides.  I might be hooked on the pattern again.  Get it?

Pattern: based off Crochet Showtime Hat by The Crochet Crowd - Yarn: unknown - Hook: 4mm
  I got this idea in my head on Wednesday and just had to try it.  It's a top down version of the Showtime Crochet Hat.  I have what I did written down and I'm thinking of putting it out on here, but I might also make it a free Ravelry pattern.  It's a very loose pattern, so it would be more like a recipe style pattern.

Pattern: based off Crochet Showtime Hat by The Crochet Crowd - Yarn: Sportjarré Neveda in 7053 6559 - Hook: 6.5mm
  When I first saw the yarn I missed the fact that it was purple with blue, yellow, and pink pieces.  I'm not sure what they are, but they are just short bits of extra color.  The picture of the other cowl is closer to the correct color.
  For this one the drop downs are climbing in the other direction because I did a number divisible by 5 plus 4.  I was pretty sure it was going to work. but I wasn't totally sure.  I can see how it mentally makes sense for the pattern to work with a number divisible by 5, but that only works when you work in rows and not in a spiral.
  The reason for this is that if you have a number divisible by 5 your rows look like this for the first three:
    1: sc 4, drop stitch
    2: sc 3, drop stitch, 1 sc
    3: sc 2, drop stitch, 2 sc
  If you were working in rows, you would get that last single crochet before you end the row which would be the fourth one you need.  But if you are working in a spiral you don't get that last one in for that row, it counts towards the next row.  So with the last single crochet from your second row with the two from the beginning of row 3, you only have 3 between drops and not the four you need.  The extra stitch offsets that first loss, so you don't notice it at all and you just need to keep working *sc 4, drop stitch* until the piece is as long as you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment