Thursday, April 21, 2022

Going Keppi Crazy

Pattern: Jazzy Knit Hat by Lion Brand (older version) - Yarn: Lion Brand Keppi Sparkle in Rainbow Cupcake - Needle: US 6
   From some of the other project pages on Ravelry, either other people didn't have their skein start with the novelty yarn, they started from the other end, or they just cut off the first bit of novelty yarn.  Not everyone added notes about their projects, so I have no way of knowing.

Pattern:  Jazzy Knit Hat by Lion Brand (top changed) - Yarn: Lion Brand Keppi in Taffy - Needle: US 8
  Overall, it is a really fun idea and I think it had promise.  The fact that one skein made a small hat is good.  Different sections having different colors and/or different textures is also a pretty fun idea.  Having each section of yarn be a different weight isn't ideal.  Lashing or glueing the different types of yarn together also isn't the best way to go about things.  Having the skein begin on a yarn that is tricky to work with would make it very daunting to quite a few people.

Pattern:  Jazzy Knit Hat by Lion Brand (top changed) - Yarn: Lion Brand Keppi in Little Boy Blue - Needle: US 8
  This is how I like the crowns of my hats to look.  Nice and smooth and not too gathered.  I'm sure there are people out there who like the look of the gathered top.  I didn't like how the largest size of the pattern left a huge hole because you are trying to gather over 40 stitches together.

Pattern: HDC Hat - Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in 300208 - Hook: 5.5mm
  I'm now really falling behind on patterns I want to write.  I was messing around and trying to get the hat to look like the Jazzy Crochet hat.  This is what I was able to come up with and I really like it.  I am thinking of writing it up and making it into a real pattern.  I think it will work better as a top down hat however.

No comments:

Post a Comment