Saturday, January 12, 2019

Casa Ruby

  This last Wednesday Marie told us that The Reston Stitch & Bitch has been meeting for 13 years!  That is crazy cool.  My mom and I joined in April of 2009.  We have been with this group in four different locations and I'm so glad we have stuck with them.
  Before we started our White Elephant swap we had someone mention Casa Ruby.  They aim to help LGBTQ people in the Northern VA\Washington DC area.  While the LGBTQ community is more accepted than it has been in the past, there are still a lot of people who don't accept them.
  They are asking for some warm things because it is really cold out and not all of these people can get their own.  No one should have to feel ashamed because they can't afford to buy nice warm things for themselves when we can make things for them and help them out.

  This hat, while cute, is not what I was hoping for.  I saw a hat online and thought I could replicate it.  I got close, but not quite there.  Still cute though, so not a total failure.

  Elizabeth made a hat following this pattern and we all fell in love.  For some reason the pattern isn't on Ravelry, but it is on Lion Brand Yarn's website.  You can see closer to the top why they call it the Virtual Cable Hat.
  I didn't make the hat as tall as they suggested because I was hoping to be able to make two hats out of the yarn I had.  Elizabeth also made a cowl out of this pattern by casting on more stitches and adding ribbing on the end as well.
  Time for me to go and get ready for Bill's birthday, which is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment