I was just thinking to myself that I haven't done anything interesting to blog about. I've been jumping between projects, so I haven't finished anything. Though I did make sure to take this progress picture while at knit group. I've also not gotten far enough to finish a skein of yarn.
The universe heard me and decided to fix this. Since I'm currently snuggling Miss Spud at 4:29am, so I figured I should give you the story that the Universe gave me.
I was having problems sleeping, so I wasn't fully out on Wednesday night. I heard her cough a few times, cry a tiny bit, then cough a few more times before being quiet again. I decided to check the camera since she coughed so many times. I saw dark spots on her blanket and went to check on her even though she was starting to settle in again.
She had thrown up and all the raspberries and strawberries she had at dinner made it alarmingly red. It didn't smell like the last time either, so I was able to set out to get everything and everyone cleaner on my own. Candy Corn was the only bedtime friend to get anything on them.
I got her blanket rinsed off and tried to take it downstairs. It held water and the quicker I tried to walk to get it into the wash, the more it sloshed and dipped water onto the floor. I dried the hardwood some on my way back up. I tried to grab the glasses I have on my bedside table, but they were so dirty it didn't really help. I grabbed my more recent pair from downstairs and felt something hit me while hearing something plastic sounding hit the floor. It was the right lense. At some point they broke in the case I was using for them.
While only being able to half see, I cleaned up Miss Spud. I also rinsed off her sheet and PJs while she played with her light up fish. Right before I was going to take her out she threw up again.
I laid her out on the brown towel, but she didn't like it. She wanted her usual green one. I got her wrapped up anyway and onto her chair so I could get her some new PJs. I left her with my phone in her lap playing puppy videos. I know that means that if she threw up again it probably would have ended up on my phone. We got new PJs on and I put the towel back on her front so I could go back to getting other things done.
I cleaned my old glasses since we weren't in a rush anymore, then I was able to get her bed made again and her bedtime friends in it with no problems. I was snuggling with her when she threw up again, but only foam came out. I have to get her used to leaning forward when she throws up. I had to push her forward to get it into the trash can I had on hand. She currently wants to look upward and lean back, which explains why it keeps getting into her hair.
I was making sure to have her sip water every once in a while to try and rehydrate her without reaggravating her stomach. I was feeling warm in the house and I don't know if this happened because of heat, but I turned it down in case that would help any. She was dancing to some of the puppy videos before I put her back to bed. She tried to be silly and resist going back to bed a tiny bit, but laid back down pretty quickly. Normally she falls asleep on her back at night, but she curled on her side this time. This might also explain why she was so insistent that we snuggle so much before I could put her to bed the first time.
I looked online and it said that eating right before bed can contribute to the likelihood of throwing up. Stomachs rely on gravity to help keep everything in and when you lay down things can move in the wrong direction. The internet said at the minimum to wait half an hour, which we did, but said that 2-3 hours is ideal.
Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 19 (0)
Yarn Out: 41 (0)
Total: -22

No comments:
Post a Comment