Monday, January 9, 2023

The Yoga Saga

   When I first started going to yoga again, it was being taught by Virginia/Lucy.  She did the Yoga FlowX and the Yoga MO+RE.  I didn't know the difference between the two, so I figured I would try both.  I'm not sure which style I got that first day, but it was pretty fun.  She had taught the wrong class on that Tuesday and just went with what she was feeling for that Thursday.

Pattern: Not Quite Ribbed Hat - Yarn: Caron Super Soft in Bone - Needle: US 8
  The next time I would have been able to go they moved the class schedule around and it was now Yoga Restore with Mike.  I wasn't sure about it but went anyway since it seemed kind of popular.  It was a lot slower paced and focused more on stretching and holding poses.  I liked how relaxing it was over the other ones.  After a few weeks on the new schedule, Mike announced to us that he wasn't going to be teaching anymore because of things going on in his family.  He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to come back, but that he was going to be gone for at least six weeks either way.  I stumbled upon the Vino & Vinyasa class with Lucy at the end of October.

Pattern: Not Quite Ribbed Hat - Yarn: Caron Super Soft Brites! in Berry Blue 9609 - Needle: US 8
  We then got Joanna as an instructor.  Tara and I were at her first class and while I have been trying to make most of them, anyone else with us has changed over time.  I was the only person, besides Joanna, at this last class.  I don't know if the other people aren't going just because it isn't Mike or what, especially since I see them around the building during class time.  However, it did mean that Joanna and I got to learn that we both really like board games after class.

Pattern: Not Quite Ribbed Hat - Yarn: Caron Super Soft Brites! in Berry Blue 9609 - Needle: US 8
  The bottom picture shows how the 3D printed pom-pom keeper works.  The loop of elastic goes through a hole at the top of the hat and then the keeper makes sure it can't get pulled back out.  I have tried it on and pushed down on the pom-pom and couldn't feel the keeper there at all.  There are going to be a lot more pom-poms for this blog from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment