Monday, December 5, 2022

Bats, Furry Worms, and a Long Day

Pattern: Bat Hat by B.Hooked - Yarn: Red Heart Eco-Ways in 3114 Chamois (yellow) and 3372 Petal (pink) - Needle: US 8
   It might look like I made two hats with opposite coloring and the same pattern, but it's actually just one hat.  I tried my hand at colorwork double knitting again.  I spent the first part of the hat working it the hard way for me.  I forgot that I had gotten really good at using both hands to hold the yarns separately.  I hold the knit color in my left and the purl in my right.  It's easy for me because I can work continental knitting pretty well and then throw the purl like I normally would.  The wonky tension issues at the beginning aren't helped by the fact that even though they are the same yarn, the pink is a bit thinner.
  I really like the pattern and want to experiment with different ideas having to do with the double knitting.  One idea is to have half the hat have one color be the background and have the other half be inversed with a bat on each half.

  I'm back on the Worry Worm train.  It might be because I've done some fairly large projects recently, but I forgot how much I liked making them.

  I got another yarn from The Dollar Tree, some chenille yarn this time.  They are really soft and nice to touch.  The yarn wasn't hard to work with when doing the crochet part, but it kept wanting to come apart when I was trying to tie it at the end and weave in my ends.

  I've started another double knit hat.  I have enough yarn to have made another bat hat, but I wanted something with an easier chart this time.  I also wanted to try using a crochet cast on to see if that would help the bottom lay flatter instead of puffing out.  It worked better, but I think using a larger needle to cast onto would help even more.
  Now to get into the long day.  It's technically three days, but it feels like one long one.  On Friday Bill, Ryan, Shane, and I headed south to William & Mary college to see another Rocky Horror group.  Our friend Laila was the director of this show and we wanted to support her.  The show was a lot of fun and someone gave us a sealed bag of Insomniac cookies while we were hanging out afterwards.  Both Bill and I were tired, and we also both had to be up fairly early the next morning.  We got home about 4:35 am and though I got a bit of sleep in the car, it wasn't much.  I was then back up at 7:12 am to get ready to go into work.  My tire was low, so I refilled it in the rain.
  I didn't feel too bad at work, but definitely needed another nap before Heather and Jim's holiday party.  The party had a lot of good food and I got to meet new people and talk to some I haven't seen in a while.
  I had thought about possibly getting another nap in before our Rocky Horror show, but there wasn't enough time.  Shane and I helped Ryan get ready and we rocked out to Free Bird in the parking lot.  The show went well, and I think the audience had a lot of fun.  Bill and I didn't go to IHOP because we had to be up again before too long once again.

Click to see more details
  On the way out to the property we are considering getting, we had to try two gas stations.  Near the second gas station, near the Floor & Decor there was a mini car show.  I liked the color of the chartreuse one.
  We are looking at a vacation kind of house with a lot of forest around it.  The land used to be the water supply of Hopwood back in the day.  The house was very interesting.  They were a fan of carpet in bathrooms and sinks in every room, even the bedrooms.  There were 8 children, so a lot of rooms with connecting bathrooms.  There is even a rock feature in the living room with water around it.

Moooozzarell, Marilyn's Onion Soup, Martilyn’d Creamy Garlic Chop, and Ithaca Chai Pumpkin beer.
  After a small hike around the property we stopped by Marilyn's on Main for lunch.  If we do get the property, I think I'll want to come here fairly often.  The house is a little weird, but the forest was really pretty.  I did a check and there is a Hobby Lobby and a Michaels not too far from the house.  Next weekend Bill and my dad are going to check it out and see how he feels about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment