Saturday, September 3, 2022

MCR?!

  We stayed up until 3am picking out things to wear.  Mostly for Ryan because a I'm working on being able to fit back into a lot of my fun stuff.  The first concert I ever went to, I went to by accident.  I wanted to go to the craft show and Everclear was playing at the Fairfax County Government Center on June 6, 2003.  The last one I went to was with Joe to see The Prodgety in DC back on May 10, 2010.
  Ryan and I stopped at Sheetz to get some food and beverages before the road trip.  Bill made the trip shorter by lending us his E-ZPass.   We stopped at Maryland House rest stop to get gas and stretch our legs.  It would have been nice if the bathrooms hadn't been very warm, we were already a bit sweaty from the fact that the AC in Ryan's car doesn't work.  We did see other people who were going to the concert in the parking lot.
  The merch line went quickly, and even though everything had a hefty price tag, I got a tour-only shirt and some pin-back button sets.  After we got into the venue, we got some drinks.  I was still very warm so I started with the mango Claffey's Frozen Cocktail.  I thought it was going to be like a slushy, but it was a freeze pop.  Then I got a Party Poison, lime habanero margarita with red edible glitter, which was the special drink for the event.

The band line-up was:
    Devil Master - they were really good.  I like their capes and hair flips.  There was only one guy in the pit really feeling it at first, but then more people got into it.
    My Chemical Romance - it was a great show.  It's actually interesting how I got to go.  Ryan wasn't sure he was going to even get to go at all.  He bought the tickets to go with someone, but things happened and they were not longer going to go together.  The other person was the one to get the email with the tickets and sent them the day before the concert, so that was a good thing.  However, it meant that since it was such short notice to find someone for the second ticket, people like Mallory and Shane couldn't go.  I'm not a huge fan of MCR, but I do like them.  The craziest thing about this is that I had a dream where Ryan and I went to an MCR concert long before we even started hanging out.
  The whole experience was so much fun.  They played a lot of songs that they didn't get to perform before they stopped being a group for a while.
  I would definitely go to one of their concerts again.  The energy was amazing.  I felt almost dizzy when everyone was yelling about a song they love.  It felt like everyone on stage was having fun with their friends and we got to hang out with them as well.
  We hung out in the parking lot because we weren't in a huge hurry to get home.  We also stopped by 7-11 after getting a bit lost and taking some very dark sketchy looking back roads.  While heading home, I got a bit of history on the various albums and Ryan even played me some of the demo songs that are out there that didn't make it into becoming a full song.
  It was about 3am when we got home and both of us just had to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment