Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Geocaching

  Since I got so many more states for my Geocaching souvenirs during the long road-trip, I decided to take a quick trip to Harper's Ferry so I could get West Virginia as well.  I had to try and navigate and drive, so when I was stopped at 7-11 I looked at the map and it looked like Church Street would lead to somewhere I could find parking at.  Turns out it is a road that goes sharply up and had signs saying that parking was just for residents.  I drove very close to someone's back porch at one point.  I ended up parked at a Church parking lot, which I probably wasn't supposed to, and hiked some of the Appalachian Trail in flip flops.  I drove off before I got a ticket or my car was towed, but because the street took a sharp climb at the beginning I had to deal with a downhill.  My GPS told me to turn right and I ended up trying not run into a Coca Cola truck and scrapped my front bumper a little.  I would have been fine if I had gone left.

  While I took my short hike in inappropriate shoes I got to see the ruins of St. John's Episcopal Church.  Someone I passed said it was in ruins because they must not have prayed hard enough.
  I was also too late to go to a breakfast place I passed on my way in.  I also spotted a seafood food-truck but didn't react in enough time to go there either.  I'll have to make another trip out to visit those before too long.  I think I'll also want to go back at some point, earlier in the day and when it's less hot out, to just wander around the area.

  There's a little heart in my yarn.  I'm almost done with the cowl.  I started binding off, then thought to myself that I should have a project to see if I really use all of the 2x circumference that I use for the sewn bind off.  I then realized that this could be that project and had to take the bind off out and knit some more.  Luckily I got to do this while sitting with some knitters on a warm (but not hot) Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment