Monday, June 7, 2021

Day 1 and 2: Heavy Travel Days

 Day 1: Home to Ohio

  I packed some knitting, but actually couldn't find some of the yarn I was looking for.  I thought I had left it out, because I wanted to use it next, but I looked all over and couldn't find it.  I grabbed another random skein because I had a big chunk of this already done.  I reasoned that brioche takes longer than other knitting.

  I was hungry and it was getting late by the time we got to our hotel.  We didn't want to be those people who walked in ten minutes before a restaurant closed and ordered food to eat there.  Fricker's had some pretty good chili and I think their glasses are funny.


Day 2: Ohio to Wisconsin

  I finished the other hat a lot faster than I thought I was going to and started on this one.  This is when I started to worry again that I might not have brought enough knitting.  This would be a first for me because I definitely over pack my knitting most of the time.

  Heather considered reviewing rest-stop restrooms along the way to get more conten for her blog, The Munchkin's Notebook.  I got a Geocache but we didn't see anything we wanted for lunch at the stop we were at.
  Later in the day we saw a toll booth with one of the arms broken, but it was still trying to work, so it was kinda just waving to the side.  I thought it was kind of cute.

  The Mousehouse Cheesehaus had a lot of fun souvenirs, like smoked string cheese, wine, fudge, bulk cheeses, and various cheese magnets.  I know it's a tourist trap, but the name was just great and our car needed some more snacks. 

  We got a bag of the smoked string cheese, and some really creamy and chewy praline fudge.  It wasn't as overly sweet as most because the creaminess and nuts helped to balance it out.  Bill thought the string cheese was a bit too dry and smokey, but I really liked it.

  On our way back onto the highway we almost got run into/run off the road by someone with Virginia plates.  They waited until the last second to cut over to use an exit.  It was pretty crazy driving, even for someone from Virginia.
  At one point we passed a trucker with a magnet on the door of his cab telling people to follow him on YouTube.  I wasn't able to read it fast enough to get the user name, but I'm going to try and look him up later.  He had a silver cab.

  I felt like we walked into an apartment at the Home2 Suites by Hilton.  The color scheme was right up my ally and I really liked the kitchen area.  The large table that could be used to eat at slid under the counter area.  I also thought the shampoo/body wash dispensers in the shower were really smart.

1 comment: