Wednesday, September 9, 2020

What a Week.

  Two weeks my battery died.  I was going to try and take some stuff to The Closet and my car didn't want to start.  Bill gave me a jump but I was too late to make the donation so I then drove to Target to get more wiggly eye rings for the Googly Sploots.  My battery was still dead when I went to leave.  I had to wait 1.5 hours to get a jump from someone from roadside assistance who used to own a VW Rabbit.  I drove around for a while, but it didn't help the battery.  Bill was nice enough to get me a new one.

  On the way home from work last week I got rear-ended on Rt 28.  It was super scary and the guy was a jerk, but I was okay.  He even managed to lock himself out of his car and insisted that he had to sit in mine because it had started raining.  I lent him one of my other umbrellas instead, because I didn't want this strange person in my car.

  I saw on Target's website that they have wiggly eye rings all year in their party favors section.  It took a few tries, but I was finally able to find a pack.  The smaller ones are about 1⅝" x 1¼" x ⅝".  The Target website said the ones they have all year around are 2" by 1.5".  I'm not sure how they are getting that because when I measure them I get 2¼" x 1¾" x 1".  This makes me wonder if the ones I saw online might be the right size.  I just really wish I could order one to be sure.  I went to Party City and Wal*Mart but those were a tiny bit smaller and I didn't like them as much.
  Luckily I have been able to get a bunch from the Target Halloween grab section, so those should last me a while.  It would just be nice to get a pink or a red that would work as well.

  This is what I got for a rental car.  Because of the holiday weekend they were running low on selections.  On my way over there I was bragging that I got picked up by a Jaguar.  After we went through the paperwork they brought me out to make sure the car was acceptable and lead me right back to this one.

  My first question was if they had anything smaller.  This thing feels crazy big compared to my little car.  She said I could call the next day if I wanted to see what they had or if I started to like it I could just hold on to this one.  I'm starting to get used to it, but it has startled me a few times.  It stops the engine when you are at a light, and I think I've taken my foot slightly off the break a few times because it has restarted while we are still stopped.  It might also just turn it back on after a certain amount of time.
  I also found out that my dad is considering one of these, a Jaguar F-Pace, as his next car.  This is handy because he can take a good look at it when we have an event going on on Saturday.  No sales people stopping by to check on you or anything.  So I guess it's a good thing I got this one, even if I'm still not sure they should trust me with such a fancy car.

No comments:

Post a Comment