Friday, August 23, 2019

In No Particular Order

  This is an interesting hat.  I taught the class a really long time ago, at least three to four years, maybe even more at this point.  You can also see that part of the way through the body of the hat, I've managed to change gauge.
  I didn't know you could change gauge so easily on a loom.  I picked it up and decided to give loom knitting another try, since I was most of the way done and didn't want to just take it out.  I managed to loosen up a bit once I got to the top.
  I had fun doing it, but I felt like it was a lot slower than I would have been knitting if I had needles.  I know there are people out there who love loom knitting and I get it.  I might give my sock loom another try at some point.

  If you've been here a while, or went back and read the archives, you'll remember these berets from back on December 31, 2013.  This hat is probably from about that time, but for some reason, I decided that I didn't need to tie off the last stitch and weave in the last end until now.

  I'm not sure what I was trying to do with this hat, but I hope I was happy with it when I finished it.

  This is another hat that I made from teaching a hat.  I also made a tiny version of this, but I forgot to take a picture and have already given it to K&CC.

  I remembered not liking this class very much.  You were making a baby hat, but everyone's came out the size of a preemie hat.  There were no size options, so it wouldn't be easy to just make a larger size.  It was at least a quick project where people could learn how to decrease and seam up an edge.

  I remember when I started this hat.  I was just trying out a new stitch and I was really liking how the yarn was pooling.  I got to the point where I was supposed to start decreasing and didn't know what to do.  I knew that the crown decreases would disrupt the yarn patterning.  I was debating making it into a cowl, but it felt a bit too narrow for that.
  It then sat for years and years.  I found it again when I started clearing out all the stuff that I had just thrown into my craft room in the basement.  I let it sit for a while after that because I still couldn't decide on what to do.  I finally just finished it and I know the person who gets this won't care that the top isn't the same as the body of the hat.

  This isn't all of the things I found that only need a little bit to make them into finished items.  I have no idea now why I didn't just finish them, but I'm also pretty sure that past-me doesn't know either.  Since I do love the feeling of starting a new project, I know there is no way for me to just focus on the almost-finished projects.
  I also get very overwhelmed when I get to start a new project.  I always want to start on a hat, and a shawl, and start designing a new pattern.  Right now I'm almost done with a new pattern that I'm designing.  Once my computer is fixed, or if I can find my templates on a back-up drive, I'm going to work on getting the pattern for the Lattice Hat done.  I've made it so many times that I'm not sure I will need it to be tested, but it never hurts to get another set of eyes on it.
  I have a hat in the works that was easier for me to design.  I could have tried to design more than one size, but I think I'll just make a note about yarn and needle sizing for other options.  I could probably do one size up and down, but unlike the Lattice Hat pattern, they will each need to be done by hand and won't just be the same repeat, but starting at different points.  Saying all of this, I might still change my mind later.

No comments:

Post a Comment