Sunday, May 5, 2019

Have I been busy?

  This past week I've been trying to figure out where the time went.  I feel like I must have been very busy and that is what happened.  However, things have slowed down at work, I haven't gotten a lot of knitting done, and my house isn't that much more clean and organized.
  I feel like I must have just misplaced it somewhere, so if anyone finds it, let me know what it was up to while I wasn't looking.
  Back on 4/20, I did get my HASH name.  I am now Sleeping Booty.  It is a pretty good name but also a lot more tame than some of the others in the group.  One of the ones that was nominated but didn't make the top two was Don't Tase Me Hoe.

  I finally got the buttons both picked out and sewn into the sweater I was testing increases on.  I actually really like how it came out, but I might try one with a smaller neck opening to see how that works out.  I do like how it turned out.
  What I did was to divide the number of increases each section got by 4.  I added that number to both sleeves at the very beginning,\ when I cast on.  I then did the first half of the increases as you normally would, with one increase row and one rest row.  Once I hit that number I only increases on the sleeves every 4th row.  So I would have one row where I increases on the body and sleeves, a rest row, a row where I increased on the body only, and one more rest row.

 I had fun making this.  I knew the yarn was going to look really good and I loved how I could impress people by making this weird blob turn into a sweater and then back into a blob again.  I have another set of buttons like this and am already considering casting on another.

  This is definitely a stash busting hat.  At first it was only supposed to be the flamingo yarn and the leftover yarn from the BSJ, but then it wasn't quite tall enough yet.  Two more yarns went into it.  I'm not a huge fan of how I did the crown, but I'm also not sure how I would want to change it.

  I cast this on Monday after I finished the stash buster hat.  I forgot how fast chunky yarn projects go, so I'm already almost done with it.
  I do have a crochet project in mind to start next.  I got a pattern to test and it looks really cool.  I also have a pattern I'm writing in my head too.  There are a few unfinished projects calling my name.  I need to either work on cloning or find a time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment