Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Never Ending Blue Sweater.

  I had been knitting along on the blue sweater and had gotten to the point where I should be dividing for the under arms and finally deciding what I wanted to do about the sleeves.  I took a look at it and realized that since I used stockinette that there was a good chance that the off the shoulder design would want to just fall off the shoulders and keep going.  I then took all the stockinette out on March 28th and was pretty much back to where it was when I first found it.  Since it also seemed a bit short I also decided to do two plain rows between my increase rows instead of the one I went with on the first round.
  It then became my main project because I wanted to get past most of the increases before our trip because I didn't want to have to worry about keeping track of what row I was on in the car when I was also trying to navigate.
  I got enough done to be able to see where I needed to be, but I didn't get all the way to the under arm area.  It took me until March 2nd until I was able to bind off for the cap sleeves and cast back on for the under arm area.  I decided to do a cap sleeve because one of my friends recently posted a sweater she finished with cap sleeves and I thought it was really cute.  I'm also getting more and more anxious for this project to be done.
  I wanted to do some ribbing so it won't fall off the person trying to wear it, and I wanted to keep using the ribbing on the body so it has a good chance of fitting someone without having to try and find the perfect person for it.  The gauge is a bit tight and it didn't have the same stretch most knits have.  This means that it is boring enough that I want it to be finished, but I have to pay some attention to it so I don't accidentally start just doing stockinette.
  I've kept it as my main project everywhere because I really want to get to the green leafy project.  I'm really excited to start that, even though I haven't done all the math needed quite yet.

  My friends know that I both like makeup and donating things to various charities.  I've been linked to the chicken sweaters before and things like this.  It was really interesting when I got linked to Wands for Wildlife.  This was also amusing because I had recently recorded a video for YouTube on items I have that still have product in them, but are too old to be used any more.  Now I have something to do with all those mascara tubes I was holding on to for no good reason.

  I've gone back to cleaning my house.  I took a bit of a break because I was trying to power though the sweater.  Don't worry, I didn't neglect anything, I just didn't go through any of my random bags of craft items that need to be put away.  I'm now back on it and found these.  They were donated from the Monday-Group and I really liked the pattern.

  Does it count as cleaning if I eat these?  A packet of Scottish Shortbread Fingers by Brake Brothers Ldt, and a Belgian Biscuit by Speculoos.  I keep finding my bag of goodies from Scotland and then misplacing it.  I am not overly picky about how shortbread tastes and I like this one.  The Belgian Biscuit is pretty gingery and nice and crisp.  I like both of these and I'm glad I snagged them from the various hotels.  I also like how European nutrition labels had any allergens in bold and tell you at the bottom if the food can be eaten by vegetarians or vegans without the person having to look at every ingredient.


Project Pan List:

Regular Items:
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh Eye Cream
  • NYX HD Eye Primer
  • Kat von D Lock-It Primer (sample size)
  • Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • Pur Minerals Correcting Primer
  • Dr. Brandt Pore No More Primer
  • Milani Moisture Lock Lip Treatment
  • NYC City Proof 24HR Eyeliner in Dark Brown
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Shimmering Sea
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted
  • Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer (sample size)
  • Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ in Light
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan
  • NYC Ultra Last Lipwear in 416 Berry Rich 
  • Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Body Mist (travel size) 

Gimme Items:
  • Origins Grapefruit Body Souffle (sample size)
  • Origins Mega Defense SPF 45 (sample size)
  • Origins mystery moisturizer (sample size)
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Primer
  • Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Espresso - 3/15
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size)
  • Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair/Light - 4/9
  • Skin 79 Gold BB Cream (sample size)
  • YSL Black Opium Perfume (sample size) - 3/5
  • Balenciaga Floraboranica Perfume (sample size) - 3/17 (given away)

No comments:

Post a Comment