Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I Got Distracted From My Plan...

Pattern: Lucky Bamboo Hat - Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Icy Pond - Needles: US 8
   Look, another hat done!  I wasn't sure I would have enough yarn because I've run short before when I thought I would have enough.  The variegation makes it a bit harder to see the pattern, but now we know that.  The yarn might have been better as a Slippy Hat, but it's too late now.

  My plan had been to work on a Woven Lattice Hat next, but the new chaining method I saw on Instagram has been stuck in my head.  It gives it more substance and would also make it easier to work into the back loop when needed.  You just need to put a twisted loop onto the hook and then pull the working yarn through both loops on the hook.

  As I was chaining I saw that there was another loop of yarn and that is made with the backwards loop.  When I held it up, I saw that it pushed the V part of the chain forward.  That was the part of the Crochet Showtime Hat pattern that I was still trying to figure out how to "fix" from the last time I made the hat.

  It took a bit of getting used to, but it's doing what I want it to.  Next time I would go into the center of the first chain to make there be less of a bump to hide.  Otherwise, it is looking pretty perfect.  You can also see my very expensive and professional looking row marker.  We'll see if the 10 extra stitches make a difference on the decreasing I tried last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment