Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Super Powers

 
  I was one of those people taking a selfie while waiting for my 15 minute observation time to pass.  I felt fine the whole time and on my way out of Target I got a Kiwi Starfruit Refresher in lemonade, a sandwich, and a bag of cheddar & sour cream ruffles to sit on the couch in case I start feeling sleepy and hungry at the same time.
  My arm hurt a bit on the way home, but about the same as it probably would with any shot.  The sore muscle feeling got worse near bed time and persisted through the next day and some the day after.  I didn't get very sleepy or feel out of it.  I did get a bit more thirsty than I usually am, but I probably don't drink enough water anyway.  I guess I just lucked out during the whole thing.
  Mine was the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which I mostly only got because that was the only option when I went to sign up for an appointment.  Bill got one of the two part options.  This means that now there is a greater chance of one of us developing super powers or being in the group to turn into zombies.  No one can say that this kind of thing isn't the perfect start to either of those stories.
  I was also glad that my arm didn't hurt too much because then I could keep knitting.  I'm mostly done with the first brioche hat, I just need to cut the extra yarn and weave in the ends.  Since the pattern is reversible I will have to take a bit more care when weaving them in, in case the person who owns it wants to wear the other side out.  I'm also all packed to start the second on the train but I'm not going to worry if I don't get a lot done.  More about the train coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment