Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Shawl Trials, Only One Will Win

  Oddly enough I think the purple shawl and the pink shawl were started in two different ways, because when I took the pink shawl apart it had a few foundation rows and this one does not.  I did not take the pink one apart in a smart way like I had planned, going stitch by stitch on the first few rows (last ones to be taken out) but I did it row by row.  I think I missed some things because it seemed like there were possibly some knit togethers that didn't totally make sense to me.  I did, however, still try and recreate it.

  This was my first attempt at recreating it, using a few foundation rows.  I think it is pretty good but I wanted to make it closer to what the original looked like.  There were a few more attempts that I didn't like, but I kept trying.

  This is the last one I did before I ran out of new things to try.  I feel like the very center is a bit too open like it is now, but it might look better once it has been seamed up.  I'm liking the first one a bit better, but I'm not totally sure.  I have both of them written down, so I'm not worried about recreating the one I like once I pick one.

  I had an idea, and it both worked and didn't work.  I actually had this yarn in my "maybe" pile.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep or donate it.  It was so pretty but was also pretty small.  After finishing the Texture Shawl I wanted to see how the stitch would look in ribbing.  It doesn't look how I was hoping it would, but it still looks pretty cool.  I just started with 6 stitches on top and increased until I thought it was wide enough.  I then worked until I started to worry about running out of yarn and not having enough for the ribbing.  Since I wanted the twist to be the star of the show, I did 2x1 ribbing.  I used the sewn bind off since I've really been liking how it has been looking.
  I think I might try it again to see if it was the fact that the yarn was thick and thin or if maybe this is just how this stitch looks when stacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment