Thursday, November 30, 2017

Bright Colors.

I thought I was knitting with bright yarn...

  I was wrong.  She has been making these neon hats for a while and we like to tease her about her dull color choices.  I love them and will be a bit sad the day when there are no more neon hats.

  I finished my scarf that was supposed to be a cowl.  It was fun to make even though I forgot a few times that I was working in the back loop only and had to take some out a few times.  The yarns were also slightly different weights and one also had more in it.  I would have had enough to make another stripe of pink but I only had enough to do a few rows of the blue.
  I kept worrying that it was going to be too short, but the scarf is about 94" long when measured down the middle.  Things just always seem smaller when balled up on your lap.

  Anyone remember when I mentioned this?  The top I started back when I was in college sometime in either 2005 or 2006.  Well, I finished it today!  I again had the problem of putting off the last step for a while.  I didn't want to sew the buttons on because I always worry that I won't secure them well enough or that I will put them in the wrong area.
  I had so much fun when I finally sewed the buttons on that I felt the need to do it again.  In other words, I sewed the buttons on the wrong side and had to do it again.  I used some crochet cotton, so hopefully those will hold on and no one will have to sew them on again any time soon.

  I know I had that leaf thing in mind for my next project, but I keep getting distracted by other things.  Right now I have the small Heart and Waves hat on the needles for my future written pattern, and I also have a random hat that I'm using odds and ends for.  Hopefully not too many people were super excited to see what the leaf thing was going to be, because there are a few more hats in my head before I get to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment